For fresh-pack potatoes: an ultra-convenient and effective dormancy enhancer that supports freshness through shipping and at the customer’s counter.
- NATURE’S OWN DORMANCY SOLUTION: 1,4SHIP® is NOT a sprout suppressant. Rather, it is a fully reversible, naturally-occurring dormancy enhancer that wears off – just as it would in nature – as it volatilizes out of the tuber.
- ULTRA-CONVENIENCE: 1,4SHIP® is a ready-to-use aerosol that is dispensed right into a shipping vehicle, protecting fresh potatoes during the critical and stress-inducing shipping phase.
- STABILIZED SPROUT-FREE DORMANCY THROUGH SHIPPING: 1,4SHIP® restores dormancy, delays peeps, controls sprouts, and helps potatoes retain moisture. Whether potatoes have been previously treated or not, 1,4SHIP® helps fresh potatoes keep their fresh appearance.
- LESS SHIPPING LOSS: 1,4SHIP® promotes firmness and crispness in potatoes during shipping, reducing load rejections and downgrades.
- INCREASED CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: 1,4SHIP® extends fresh potatoes’ shelf life, supporting customer satisfaction.
- ZERO RESIDUE CONCERNS: Formulated from a naturally-occurring chemical that entirely volatilizes away, 1,4SHIP® poses no residue concerns of any kind.
HOW DOES 1,4SHIP® WORK?
1,4SHIP® is formulated from 1,4 Dimethylnaphalene (1,4-DMN), a dormancy-enhancing hormone that potato plants naturally produce. Fogged as a vapour, 1,4SHIP® flows through cartons, paper and poly bags easily to reach each potato. Once it is absorbed through each tuber’s skin, 1,4SHIP® triggers the production of enzymes that suppress cell division and sprout growth. 1,4SHIP®’s sprout suppression is temporary and fully reversible. The speed at which the hormone wears off can be controlled by shipping temperature, ventilation and application rate.
1,4SHIP® is designed for easy use. After load-out, washing, packing and loading into a shipping vehicle, simply attach the 1,4SHIP® can to the vehicle wall or door using the adhesive strip. Once the doors are ready to close, push the trigger to begin fogging the vehicle, then leave the vehicle doors closed. The fog delivery system will permeate cartons, paper and poly bags over 24 to 48 hours. (See carton for complete instructions).
1,4SHIP® can be used alone or as a follow-up to packing shed pre-shipping treatments. 1,4SHIP® is packed 12 cans to the case. Use one to two cans per truckload (40,000 lbs.) of potatoes, or up to six cans per railcar (120,000 lbs) of potatoes.
For table, processing and chipper potatoes: a fully reversible, naturally-occurring dormancy enhancer that offers producers exceptional dormancy control.
For seed potatoes: the one and only dormancy-extending product available anywhere for use in seed storage – highly effective and based on nature’s own dormancy solution.
For table, processing and chipper potatoes: a greener, more sustainable rescue option that offers 95-100% burn-back on even 4+ inch sprouts.
For processing and tablestock potatoes: a high-purity, solid CIPC that offers improved handling safety, higher residues and can be applied at lower temperatures than liquid formulations. When combined with 1,4SIGHT®, PIN NIP® 98% CIPC provides optimal sprout control and quality maintenance.